=== Add Internal Links Lite ===
Contributors: Jeremy Shantz of Farm 6 Media.
Donate link: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=RRN3SPBMJZT4G
Tags: internal links, related posts, content, automation
Requires at least: 4.0
Tested up to: 6.2.1
Requires PHP: 5.6
Stable tag: 1.0.0
License: GPLv2 or later
License URI: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Add internal links to the end of a selected article’s content or all articles in a selected category.
== Description ==
I made this plugin to help with internal linking on existing sites, existing published content.
Please feel free to donate if you like my plugin, it will help me feed my dogs.
== Installation ==
- Install the plugin using the usual WordPress installation method of uploading the plugin zip file. If you want to do it manually, follow these instructions:
a) Download the plugin.
b) Access your WordPress site’s files using an FTP client, a file manager provided by your hosting control panel, or any other method you have available to access your site’s files.
c) Navigate to your WordPress installation’s wp-content/plugins/ directory.
d) Create a new directory within the plugin’s directory and name it something descriptive, such as the internal-links-plugin.
e) Unzip the plugin and copy the files to the new file directory you just made. Ensure it uploads to your server.
f) Go into your WordPress dashboard to your plugins and activate the plugin.
g) Start interlinking! And don’t forget to donate and feed my puppies.
== Usage ==
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll find the plugin under the WordPress Settings menu.
- Click on the plugin in the settings menu, and a user screen will appear where you can select (via dropdowns) either a single article or an article category target.
- Next, you can select whether or not to include a link to your selected pillar post or page. If you choose Yes, select your preferred pillar post or page from the dropdown.
- When you click the button to proceed, the plugin works as follows after selecting either a single article or a category.
- a)The plugin will retrieve all the articles in the same category as either the single article you selected or the category you selected.
b)The plugin will randomly select 6 articles in the same category and create an HTML heading and list of linked titles. It then adds this list to either the end of the single article or performs the same action on all articles in the category selected.
c)If you selected Yes for pillar content, and you’ve selected the target post or page as the pillar, the plugin will proceed to add the title of your selected post or page as a bolded first item of the links list.
== Frequently Asked Questions ==
Q: Is the plugin safe?
A: Yes. Check my code. It’s totally safe.
Q: Do you offer support?
A: Yes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
== Screenshots ==
- A simple, powerful plugin. Lightweight too. You’re welcome.
== Changelog ==
= 1.0.0 =
- Initial release
== Donate ==
Support the development of this plugin by donating: https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=RRN3SPBMJZT4G
== Upgrade Notice ==